1974 DS II Value

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

1974 DS II Value

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:33 pm

I have not been able to find the NADA value for a 1974 DS II. The sailboat is described to me as 1974 DS II w/trailer, new mast, garage kept, good condition, $1600 B/O.
Can anyone provide a ball park value? I have not seen the vessel, but I plan on making an offer in the $1000-$1200 range. Am I being fair with such an offer? I will be viewing the boat this Sunday.

Thanks,
John

John (jwserm-at-gwi.net)

Postby Roger » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:54 am

There is a sister boat to mine for sale where I sail. Both mine and this other boat are 1974's.This is up here in Canada and once I do the exchange conversion, it seems to be at about the same price. This boat was asking $2600 Cdn, so when I reduce that by the exchange, (about 35%), it brings the price to $1690 USD. I have checked other sites, and depending on the condition and gear, this would be in the ball park. If you can get it for your offer, you are getting a good deal. It also depends on the number of other similar boats for sale in the area, and what condition they are in. Typically the rarer it is, the higher the going price.
Roger

Return to Day Sailer II Only