WTB SLI Daysailer / no longer searching for SLI

Ads are automatically removed after 60 days.

Moderator: GreenLake

WTB SLI Daysailer / no longer searching for SLI

Postby MediumMike » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:11 pm

Greetings,

We are looking to buy a SLI Daysailer. We are located on the Crystal Coast in North Carolina but will drive a reasonable distance for the right boat.

Thank you
Last edited by MediumMike on Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MediumMike

Re: WTB SLI Daysailer

Postby Windrider » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:38 pm

I have a Daysailer 1 for sale. It was built In 1958 and was the !!th boat built. it is in excellent condition. Following is information on it. This classic 1958 DaySailer was the 11th of a class still in production with over 12,000 having been produced. This boat was on the cover of the Spring 2014 issue of “the DAY SAILER QUARTERLY”. Also included was an eleven-page feature article written by a prior owner and myself. It is time for “Sky Pilot” formerly known as “DS11” to find a new home. If taken care of she will still be sailing in 2058. The boat is listed with the DaySailer organization.

The structure standing and running rigging have been upgraded and are in exceptional condition. The original tapered mast has a custom hinge to allow easy raising and lowering without changing its original bending characteristics. All of the sheets halyards and reefing lines can be accessed from the center of the boat to facilitate single-handing. She has been sailed for years both single-handed and with crew on the open waters of Western Lake Erie with winds up to and exceeding 25 mph.

She has a like new suit of sails with jiffy reefing as well as the originals. Included are a heavy-duty road cover and a boom cockpit cover. The trailer, lighting, bunks and wheel bearings are in very good condition.

If you are interested please call Clark at 73four-755-7zero66.

I am trying to post it for sale section but can''t figure out how to post pictures. The boat is listed on craigslist in Mansfield Ohio. If you are interested Please contact me and I can answer questions send pictures.
Windrider

Re: WTB SLI Daysailer

Postby MediumMike » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:03 pm

Thank you for your reply Windrider. I looked at the pictures of your boat and I will say she looks good for her age. We are looking for a SLI daysailer to replace one we had years ago. Good luck with the sale of your boat, I am sure she will find a good home.

Best regards
MediumMike

Return to WTB: Day Sailer Boats