Columbus Ohio Regattas 2007

Discussion of events open to DaySailers

Moderator: GreenLake

Columbus Ohio Regattas 2007

Postby jpclowes » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:26 pm

Dear Fellow Daysailers.

I wanted to bring you all up to date on several events that our fleet, fleet 98 in Columbus, Ohio, is holding this year.

First, is our annual Memorial Day one-day regatta. This year it will not be on Memorial Day Weekend, but instead will be the weekend after, June 2nd.. This is an exciting weekend in Columbus, and at our club. Not only because of our regatta, but because the PGA Memorial Tournament will be taking place a few hundred yards away. You might even see Tiger Woods at the Bogey Inn, just steps from our club. For more information on this event, please contact me, J.P. Clowes at jpclowes@hotmail.com. (Be sure to put Daysailer, or something similar in the subject line so I can spot it, as it will probably go to my junk mail folder first--Nothing personal.)

Second, the reason our regatta has moved from Memorial Day weekend is our sponsoring club, Leatherlips Yacht Club, is hosting a Leukemia Cup event on May 26 & 27. This event is a 24-hour endurance race. Both solo competitors and relay teams will be competing in a really fun event for a great cause. All interested sailors are invited to participate. For more information on this event please visit www.Leatherlips.com.

Third, we would like to invite any sailors traveling to LaCrosse for the NACR, from the East Coast, (or West Coast if you don’t mind going out of your way,) to join us for an NACR tune up race on June 30th. Our club will be hosting its Holiday series regatta for July 4th on that day, and any of you weary travelers are welcome to pause from your long journey, and get your boats used to fresh water and Midwestern Lake sailing. Travelers who might have to return to work are welcome to leave their boats at the club for a few days, if they want to. Once again, for more information, you can contact me at jpclowes@hotmail.com.

Hope you can make it to one of these events!
J .P. Clowes
Eastern Great Lakes Regional V.P.
DSI 14083
jpclowes

Postby jpclowes » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:33 am

I wanted to add that if you have any non-sailing members in your family, the Award Winning Columbus Zoo is within walking distance of our club. Camping is available on the clubhouse grounds, or we can help with other lodging arrangements too.
J .P. Clowes
DSI 14083
jpclowes

Postby jpclowes » Tue May 29, 2007 9:50 am

Bump
J .P. Clowes
DSI 14083
jpclowes

Return to Events