Daysailer Association Membership Drive for 2021

General announcements and information specific to the DaySailer forums.

Moderator: GreenLake

Daysailer Association Membership Drive for 2021

Postby GreenLake » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:10 am

For all of you who have recently joined the site, or participated in or benefited from the discussions here over the year.

If you are not yet members of of the DaySailer Association, now is the time to join for 2021 (or renew if you are already a member).

The DSA supports the hosting of this forum, so, while being a member is not a requirement for enjoying this forum, you are invited, nay encouraged, to do your bit and join the DSA. Both membership application and renewal can be managed online using a secure payment site (but you can also print out your invoice and mail a check).

The membership is $35.00 and runs to the end of 2021.

Those of you that are renewing members with e-mail on file will have gotten a reminder already, but just in case.

The new online renewal/registration process works, just tried it, but found some quirks. It insisted on a spouse email -- well, mine doesn't deal with boats, so I entered "user@example.com". The other quirk is that you need to pick a "region". For those of you not members of a fleet, which seem to be most of us here on the forum, the answer is hidden under "Fleets", but you pick "independent".

If you are a member and have a login into the main website, but can't see the renewal, contact the admin (look under "Fleets / Leadership").

If you renewed for 2021 or joined in response to this appeal, please post a reply to this thread.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Re: Daysailer Association Membership Drive for 2021

Postby tomodda » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:55 pm

Done. Thanks for the "nudge," the association deserves our paid membership. Also, it's nice to have access to the DS Quarterly, all 53 years worth! Lots of great articles - mid-boom sheeting in the latest issue.

Best,

Tom
tomodda

Postby GreenLake » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:45 pm

This forum is missing the "like" button. Glad you are on board.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby Acornrunner » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:11 am

I just Joined, when I added a boat photo it flipped sideways, tried two different photos.

Process worked well, had no other issues
Acornrunner

Postby GreenLake » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:49 pm

Glad you joined.

I thought there was a way to override the rotation of images, but apparently there really isn't without installing an extension to the forum software. I did a quick google check and found that others agree that the forum software is a bit behind the competition on that one.

I'm posting from a desktop, so I run all images I post through a cheap photo editor to do resizing, cropping, jpg compression etc. before posting. My current favorite is Affinity Photo. It's not free, but very cheap and pretty full-featured. Great for doing any type of image adjustment or manipulation.

But we rather have sideways pictures, than none, so keep at it.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby Fly4rfun » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:23 pm

Joined a week or two back, but thanks for the nudge
"Sail Aweigh" 1966 DS1 #2675
Fly4rfun

Postby GreenLake » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:13 pm

Happy to do the nudging :)
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake