Annual Membership Plea

General announcements and information specific to the DaySailer forums.

Moderator: GreenLake

Re: Annual Membership Plea

Postby GreenLake » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:05 pm

Thanks for the info, Tim, that does sound very convenient. I didn't get a e-mail, for whatever reason, so I'll use the link from the site instead, so I can get it done before the holidays.

The form on the Daysailer.org website (http://www.daysailer.org/pdf/dsaapp.pdf) has been updated and now also allows fill-in, by the way. So, if any of you didn't get the (e-mail) message, just use the link above.

12 days to go.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby TIM WEBB » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:30 pm

I would encourage everyone to make sure that Mary has a current, valid e-mail address on file for you, as well as correct mailing address. There has been some shifting around of positions within the DS association leadership as of late (just look at the latest quarterly), and I'm sure they would appreciate our help in making a smooth transition ...
Tim Webb
1979 DS2 10099 The Red Witch
(I used to be Her "staff", in the way dogs have owners and cats have staff, but alas no longer ... <pout>)
TIM WEBB

Postby GreenLake » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:46 am

Just a few more days left.

So, if you've been thinking about joining, now's the perfect time.

PS: looks like a lot of people caught up with reading the forum over the holidays. We've had an incredible jump in the number of "hits" on this post alone. Nearly 1200 by now.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby Skippa » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:06 pm

It's year end, Going thru my things and found my Daysailor Association membership form. No better time to renew. Check is now in the mail.
Thanks to all for the support I have recieved. You have helped make my boat better then new.
Happy New Year to all.
Kevin
Skippa

Postby Breakin Wind » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:39 pm

I didn't get a renewal query or form, but assume the basic membership form will work as well.

Checks in the mail today... Thanks - Scott
Last edited by Breakin Wind on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Breakin Wind

Postby GreenLake » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:53 am

yeah that's what I did as well.

Closing in on 1500 views. Just a few hours left.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby GreenLake » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:43 am

OK, this is it for 2012.

Thanks to all of you who renewed or joined.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby TIM WEBB » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Um, just to be clear, I don't believe there is any "fiscal cliff" to joining or renewing one's membership - one is free to do so at any time of the year. I think it's just that it's much easier on the DSA secretary if as many as possible are done in accordance with the calendar year end/beginning ... ?
Tim Webb
(I used to be Her "staff", in the way dogs have owners and cats have staff, but alas no longer ... <pout>)
TIM WEBB

Postby GreenLake » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:48 am

Correct, you can join any time, but the membership runs on a calendar year basis.

I've made this thread a normal thread at the end of the year, because we want the next "annual membership plea" to stand out again, when we put it up in November.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby TIM WEBB » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Now THERE'S a moderator who knows what he is doing!

Seriously, c'mon everybody: let's give it up for Greenlake, who has been helming this forum so well for so long now. And also to Bob Hunkins for his work webmastering this site.

I'm sure we all visit other non- or poorly-moderated sites/forums that are full of spam, vitriol, and "whalebutt43"s who are only interested in stirring up the you-know-what (jeez, don't get me started about some of the skydiving forums I go to once in a while!).

It's refreshing to know that I can always come here and find other DS sailors who only want to learn from or help educate other DS sailors. No more, no less. And that is a rarity online these days ...

So let's hear it: HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY!
Tim Webb
TIM WEBB

Postby Breakin Wind » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:54 pm

WoooHooo!!!! GL... you da man!

b.t.w. can we post more pictures on this new forum or are we still limited to 127 or whatever it was per user? (if you know)
Breakin Wind

Postby Alan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:00 am

Is there an echo in here? Why yes, there is - it's me, echoing Tim.

I really agree about the civil tone here, and the genuine helpfulness of people who know stuff, GL being one of them.

Thanks, GreenLake and Bob.
Alan

Postby Salty Dog » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:21 am

I don't know anything about a whalebutt 43
but this web site is the place to be
I'll second that emotion.
sd
Salty Dog

Postby GreenLake » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:12 am

I knew I should have locked this thread when I got a chance. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I can't really take any credit for the cooperative style on this forum - that's all due to you guys and the other great people who hang out here.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby TIM WEBB » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:17 pm

Has anyone else not received their renewal packet yet? Just curious - check was cashed over a month ago, and I just noticed that the stern of The Red Witch still has a 2012 sticker ... ?
Tim Webb
TIM WEBB

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Info and How To Use the Forum