San Diego Area Fleet? Anyone interested?

Moderator: GreenLake

San Diego Area Fleet? Anyone interested?

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 15, 1998 1:00 am

I am looking for Daysailer owners in the San Diego region who would be interested in starting a fleet, or if that doesn't work out just a get together would be fine.

How does one go about "formally" starting a fleet? What are the general rules and regs. Do we have enough interest in the area? Maybe I'll try the national web site with the same question to see if I get any answers there.

Barry (bfk-at-proc2000.sannet.gov)

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 02, 1999 1:00 am

Here's the information out of the DSA handbook.

Good luck with forming your fleet. It will be a blast when everybody gets together and starts telling their stories.

Gus Heismann DS 11100

Fleets

5.16 Fleets are the local units of the Association and shall each be composed of at least three Members in Voting Status. Fleets shall be self-governing concerning local matters not conflicting with the Association or its actions. Each fleet shall elect its own officers, to include, but not be limited to, a Fleet Captain and Fleet Secretary. The Fleet Captain shall be responsible to the Regional Vice President for the organization of the fleet and compliance with the provisions of the Association Constitution and By-Laws.

5.17 A fleet may be formed by applying to the Association Secretary for grant of a fleet charter. Fleet charters and numbers are granted by the Governing Board and signed by the Secretary, and may be revoked by the Governing Board for failure to maintain three Members in Voting status or for serious breach of the Constitution or By-Laws. Organizers of new Fleets are encouraged to contact the Regional Vice President of the Region in which the Fleet will be situated.

5.18 Each Fleet is encouraged to elect a Fleet Measurer to assist in all -aspects of yacht measurement, specifications, and eligibility at the local level.

5.19 Obligations: The Association shall not be liable for any debts of its Fleets or Officers.

Gus Heismann (gheismann-at-hotmail.com)

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 05, 1999 1:00 am

Thanks for the update. I'll read the membership info before posting questions next time! Hey! I'm STILL at least two people short of a fleet here. At least I can say I'm the fastest boat...consistently! Ho-Hum, maybe I should have bought a Lido 14 instead? (blasphemy!)

barry (bfk-at-sdcity.sannet.gov)

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 30, 2000 12:00 am

Barry
I think its great that you are trying to start a fleet in your area...try contacting fleet 20 in Los Angeles they may know of some sailor's or boat's in your area...
Adolf Liebe would be some one to call in fleet 20.
GOOD LUCK..!!!
Dave Misunas

Dave Misunas (misunas-at-sasquatch.com)

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 08, 2001 8:41 am

Barry,
I'm not interested in joining your 'Fleet' since the commute from Bakersfield is way too long! I will be coming down next (April 11-14) week, and would appreciate any suggestion about pleasant sailing locations in your area and good launch sites. I've reviewed a large map of San Diego Bay and Mission Bay, and haven't decided yet if it would be better to tow my boat down or rent one. I'm not used to having so much water available... Thanks in advance!

Joe Fram (jofram-at-zeus.kern.org)

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 18, 2001 1:18 pm

I am interested in the forming of a San Diego Fleet. I will be moving my Day Boat down to San Diego in August 2001. Please feel free to contact me and let me know how things are looking.
Eric Hynes

Eric Hynes (teknobot-at-bigfoot.com)

Re: San Diego Area Fleet? Anyone interested?

Postby windsway » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:07 pm

New San Diego DS owner. These posts are 13 years old. Still sailing?

Craig
windsway

Re: San Diego Area Fleet? Anyone interested?

Postby SunnyDaze » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Craig,

I just bought a 1974 DSII. I'm in the Ventura/Oxnard area but have family in North County and occasionally get down there. We should meet up some time and sail in the San Diego harbor.
Sunny Daze
1974 Day Sailer II
SunnyDaze

Return to Fleets/Locations