Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg

Moderator: GreenLake

Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg

Postby downeast » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:33 am

Who here on DS.org has sailed Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, (unofficial name for those unable to pronounce the full name, Lake Webster) in Webster MA?

Feel free to share any experiences sailing on the lake, good or bad.
downeast

Postby William » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:38 am

I hope you will post your experiences on
Webster Lake. this is my first season sailing my own boat and I had set Webster as a goal as soon as I got comfortable on little Lake Singltary here in Millbury. I haven't made it there and since the season is about over (for me anyway) i guess I won't till next year. I understand there are two public ramps and a small yacht club there.
William in Millbury
1960? O'day Ospray
William

Webster Lake

Postby rnlivingston » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:24 pm

Sorry for the delay replying, but I just got back on the form. I have been sailing Webster Lake for 30 years from the Webster Sailing Association. Mostly in Day Sailers,but I currently sail a Mariner. Today,I just purchased another DS 1 that I will use for racing.

The lake is made up of three ponds, the center pond being the largest. Although there is an island in the middle of center pond, there is plenty of room for sailing and racing. It is an interesting lake to cruise with a number of coves and the other ponds to explore. During the summer we have a prevailing SW wind.

Roger Livingston
DS 6872
rnlivingston

Postby William » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:22 pm

I saw online that there are two public boatramps, the state ramp and the city ramp. I know you probably launch from the sailing club but if you didn't which do you think would be the best to launch from?
William
William in Millbury
1960? O'day Ospray
William

Webster Lake

Postby rnlivingston » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:43 pm

The town ramp at Memorial Beach is best, but expensive during the regular season. The state ramp on South Pond is free, but has very limited parking. No good place to rig.

Roger Livingston
rnlivingston

Postby Peterw11 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:05 am

I had planned to hit Webster Lake this summer, but never got around to it.
I keep my DS up in Sterling on Lake Waushacum, which is a nice open sailing lake, but small.

I've seen everything I need to see up there, and wouldn't mind the occasional change of scenery.

Don't know about racing part, but a would like to try some other places, if only just to cruise.
Peterw11

Return to Fleets/Locations