Trying to organize a fleet in Central Florida

Moderator: GreenLake

Trying to organize a fleet in Central Florida

Postby holstein » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:54 pm

I recently became a member of the Lake Monroe Sailing Association in Sanford Florida, and would like to organize a DS fleet. I've located two other DS owners in the general vicinity and would like to find some more. We've got the three we need to start a fleet, but welcome anybody else who is interested in joining

Please respond if you are interested

Regards
Bill H

DSI
Oviedo, Florida
holstein

Re: Trying to organize a fleet in Central Florida

Postby DrSchanen » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:46 am

Hey,
I just purchased a 1968 DSI and am in the downtown Orlando area. Is your fleet still active?
DrSchanen

Postby DrSchanen » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:09 pm

Me again! Anyone on this thread still an active member and in Orlando? :mrgreen:
DrSchanen

Postby TIM WEBB » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:52 pm

Hi DrS,

I'm in Deland, and a member in good standing of the DS Association, but not a member of any fleet. Bill sold his DS and bought a San Juan 21, which he races frequently on Lake Monroe with the LMSA. I don't race much, just a few charity events here and there at Monroe and Crescent Lake. I'm usually the only DS there, and even if I finish respectably, I usually get knocked down a few rungs due to the 98.5 Portsmouth rating of the DS. High in my opinion. Or is it low? I'm so confused! ... :o
Tim Webb
1979 DS2 10099 The Red Witch
(I used to be Her "staff", in the way dogs have owners and cats have staff, but alas no longer ... <pout>)
TIM WEBB

Return to Fleets/Locations