Wellfleet Harbor

Moderator: GreenLake

Wellfleet Harbor

Postby K.C. Walker » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:25 pm

Moderator action: I've split these posts from their original location in the "Ropes for various lines" because they seem to be starting a new discussion that fits better here under "Fleets/Locations". ~GL

Let us know what you think. One of the things that convinced me to try Bzzz is that some guys were using it on Nacra catamarans with those crazy 10:1 main sheet setups and they said it was good because it didn't twist up.

I used to sail on Wellfleet Harbor… Not a Daysailer, but a catboat. My parents had a house overlooking the town peir. My sister used to live in East Orleans. As my parents used to say, "that's the real Cape out there".
KC Walker, DS 1 #7002
K.C. Walker

Re: Wellfleet harbor

Postby RobH912 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:33 am

K.C. - yes I will certainly post my thoughts on the new Bzzz main sheet next spring when I get to sail with it. I am off Cape for the winter. I've got a list of rigging upgrades that I am going to do in the spring and I'm going to spread my focus and make the purchases over the winter.

K.C. Walker wrote:I used to sail on Wellfleet Harbor… Not a Daysailer, but a catboat. My parents had a house overlooking the town peir. My sister used to live in East Orleans. As my parents used to say, "that's the real Cape out there".

I completely agree with your parents, the Outer Cape is the real Cape... it is so beautiful out there. Fun that you sailed in Wellfleet Harbor, it is very pretty harbor heading to the Bay and that is a sail I'd like to do in my DS... maybe next summer. Love Wellfleet Oysters. :) I am close to Sunken Meadow Bay Beach in Eastham which looks out toward Great Island, the harbor entrance, and Lieutenant's Island so there are wonderful sunsets / views. We sail on Town Cove in Orleans with Fleet # 15. Last summer was my first year with a DS, learned a lot, and met some really nice people to sail with.

Thanks again!
Rob

DS1 #2444
Cape Cod
Eastham, MA
RobH912

Return to Fleets/Locations