Other owners in N. Ill

Moderator: GreenLake

Other owners in N. Ill

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:21 am

I have purchased a '79 OD II. Looking for other owners in the N. Ill and S. Wis area. While this web site has helped, I keep running into situations I need answers for. It would sure help to have someone else locally to bounce ideas off of.
ron----

Ron Maloney (rkmaloney-at-hotmail.com)

Postby Lee Peterson » Sun Aug 25, 2002 9:49 am

Hi, Ron,

DSA Fleet 132 is in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. We are part of the LaCrosse Sailing Club. The web site is at: www.lax-sailing.org There are about 15 Day Sailers in the sailing club with about 8 of them DSA members and active racers. Most of the non-DSA members are occasional sailors and are typically cruisers. Several of the boats are DSII's. This year our Fleet put on the Midwest Regional Regatta, our first sanctioned event, and we had a great time. We race Tuesday evenings all summer long, sharing the course with our club's Laser fleet. The sailing club has it's annual regatta, fishboil and moonlight sail the weekend after Labor Day this year. You should be able to find out more info on that from the web site. If you have other questions, feel free to email me off list.

Lee
Lee Peterson

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:54 pm

I thought I would let you know that I am in SW Wsiconsin (Darlington) about 20 miles east of Platteville.

I have a Daysailor II which I trailor up to Madison and other lakes. Contact me if you need any help. I grew up sailing on Lake Michigan off of Wilmette and Evanston.

John HAstie (jhhastie-at-yahoo.com)

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:16 pm

I have Class No. 765 on Lake Kegonza. I'm there just about every weekend during the summer. Ask and if I can't answer your question, we'll stumble around together until something works.

Steve (roliasq1-at-hotmail.com)

Postby Lee Peterson » Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:31 am

Hi, John and Steve,

Fleet 132 out of LaCrosse, Wisconsin will be having a booth at the LaCrosse Boat Show, Feb 6 - 9. We'll have a Day Sailer on display and folks to talk about the class, our fleet and the activities we have going on this summer. I realize we're a few hours north of you, but if you have a chance to make it to the show, we'd love to see you. That goes for all the Day Sailer owners in Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota and Iowa. You can also check out some of our info on the lax-sailing.org web site. We're trying to generate more enthusiasm and promoting the formation of Day Sailer fleets in the upper midwest.

Lee
Lee Peterson

Postby UkiDLucas » Wed May 09, 2007 5:10 pm

I am sailing in Northern Illinois, I would like to get together with other DS owners to exchange the ideas and do some sailing.

Nearby towns are: Mundelein (local Diamond Lake), Vernon Hills, Lake Forest, Waukegan, Highland Park, Winthrop, IL on Lake Michigan.

If there is no DS fleet yet, it is a great time to organize one.

contact me,

Uki
O'Day DaySailer hull #1949 class/sail #DS 103
http://uki.blogspot.com/search?q=sail
UkiDLucas

Return to Fleets/Locations