Can you help me identify this boat?

Moderator: GreenLake

Can you help me identify this boat?

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:23 pm

Maybe you can help me figure out what kind of boat I have...

I got a free boat, but it's only the hull. I'm wondering what it is.
I forgot to measure the LOA, but it's about 11 to 14 ft, and is made by
Clark boats of Kent, WA

You can see a picture of the boat at the URL below (if I forgot
to attach one, or it doesn't stay attached):
http://img.groundspeak.com/user/146103_3700.jpg

Mark (M_Kanzler-at-yahoo.com)

Identify boat

Postby Kris » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:06 pm

Just ran acrosst this and didn't see any replies. If you still need to know, I'm pretty sure that's a C-Lark. (cute little play on the designers name) I was at a regatta in Port Angeles, WA in the late seventies where they had their own start with about 5-6 boats racing. Have fun, Kris
Kris

C-Lark

Postby Peter » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:51 pm

Yep, Kris is dead on. The C-Lark is a light-weight one design that points and handles very well. Used to race one in high school. As I recall, they had some quality control issues--deck/hull separation, I think. There are a few more languishing in our club lot in Portland. They look about as neglected as your little windfall, Mark. Good luck!

Got a rig & sails?
Peter

I second that opinion

Postby KABay3231 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:29 pm

This is too weird. It has been a while since I have been to this site and the forums (so long that it was when the forums weren't under this incarnation). I think I remember answering a question like this in the old forums.

What makes it even weirder is that I built C-Larks at Clark Boat Company in New Bern, NC in the mid-1970s. Actually we (the company) did not build too many as we (the company) were working on expanding the larger boat lines 21, 23, 24, 26 & 27.

The C-Lark was sort of a poor-man's International 14. It was designed by Dave (?) Clark along those lines. All of the Clark boys were into racing 14s at one point or another before moving on to other challenges. I don't recall the youngest ones name but he did a stint in Flying Dutchmans at one point.

I didn't get interested in the C-Lark myself as we had an active group of Int. 470s at our local club.
Keith A. Bay
Milwaukee, WI
kabay@wi.rr.com
KABay3231

Return to Miscellaneous