Off Topic: Other O'Day Boats

Moderator: GreenLake

Off Topic: Other O'Day Boats

Postby boone » Sun Mar 14, 1999 1:00 am

Hi all.

Since I've been hosting this website for nearly 2 years, I have started to receive a small amount of e-mail asking me about other O'Day-made boats. I haven't been able to help them much, because I've know virtually nothing about the other boats.

So, what I'm planning to do is create a small web page for the non-Day Sailer O'Day boats. That way, when someone has a question, I can send them there.

I want to assemble a list of all the "other" O'Day boats. Here's what I've come up with...there may be errors and the list may not be complete:

Sprite
Widgeon
Javelin
23'
25'
27'
28'

Can anyone extend the list? Or provide any factual data about those boats? I'm looking for web links to other resources and links to pictures of these boats too.

Hopefully, this will help out some other O'Day owners, and at the same time, keep the DS pages focused on the DS.

Thanks!
boone
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 15, 1999 1:00 am

Don't forget the DS's big brother...the Rhodes '19 and the cabin version, Mariner 19.

See http://www1.shore.net/~msicomm/R19/R19.HTM for more info.

Kevin Clark
Dallas, Texas
DS 11791

Kevin Clark (clarkr-at-aud.alcatel.com)

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 15, 1999 1:00 am

www.sailnet hosts an active all oday email discussion list - this list would be a great place to direct someone with a non-DS question. John C.

John C (pf_flyer_1-at-yahoo.com)

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 05, 1999 1:00 am

You may add another great O'Day sailer to your list!
It's called the DS16!
Cheers!
R.C

Redwane (RCherkao-at-epsb.edmonton.ab.ca)

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 10, 1999 1:00 am

I looked at a 222 before I bought my DS1.

Steve Schriber
DS11851

Steve Schriber (sschriber-at-spa.net)

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 27, 2000 1:00 am

I have what I think is a mariner 2+2, if anynoe has any information on this boat please forward it to me pictures,specs, anything will be healpful I am attempting to restore this little boat but I have no idea what it should look like from the factory. any help will be appreciated. If you are planing a trip to cancun I would be glad to take you sailing to some of the close by islands they are really beautiful. Again thanks for any help you may have.

Dr Carl Rossell (cancundr-at-yahoo.com)

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 28, 2000 1:00 am

Your list of "other O'Days" is just a little short! I don't have the years of production or total # built for all of these, but....here goes my (still not totally complete list)...
O'Day 7/11 (8' sailing/rowing dink), Sprite (11' sloop/cat), Interclub, Widgeon, Javelin, Gannet, O'Day 15 (2 different models), Osprey, O'Day Day Sailer I,II,III (all 16' 9" loa), Mariner, Mariner 2+2,Rhodes 19, O'Day 192, O'Day 19, O'Day 20, 22, 222, 23 (3 diferent versions), Tempest, O'Day 240, 25, 26, Outlaw, 27,272, 28, 280, 290,30,31, 32, 34,35,37, 39, 40. Know, as I say...I know that I've missed quite a few designs, but it still shows that O'Day had a wide range of models! BTW, the 31 was an updated 30, the 35 was an updated 34, and the 40 was an updated 39. In most cases, the hull #s of each "updated" design continue where the "old" design left off (ie: 1st 31 continued the hull # sequence of the 30).

Now, after saying all that, as a frequent contributer to the SAILNET O'Day-List, I'd echo the suggestion that any "non-Day Sailer" but still O'Day questions be dirrected there. You will have to sign up to post on the list, but that is quick and easy (and they prohibit the use of the list for "SPAM" so I find it safe).

Rod Johnson (rjohnson24-at-juno.com)

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 29, 2000 11:08 pm

I keep a list of O'Day owners on the O'Day Listserv that Rod mentioned. The Listserv is a great resource since we have approximately 300 members and all kinds of questions get answered and we have a diverse membership from an 11 footer to a 40 footer and everything in between. You can access the listserv through sailnet.com

John Heckman (megjdh-at-widomaker.com)

Return to Miscellaneous