New DS owner need advice.

Moderator: GreenLake

New DS owner need advice.

Postby CowboyPhD » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:07 pm

New DS owner. How do I know if it's a DS1 or DS2? And the year? It has a plate screwed on the stern that says O'DAY etc. etc. Hull no. 1350 & Class no. 1213. Also, my mast has a cut/ break in it 7 ft. or so from the bottom. Is this a repair or some sort of fancy 2 piece design. Don't mean to sound stupid, but am fairly new to monohulls. Basically I have a woodworking project, a fiberglass project, and a rigging project going on simultaneously. Any refurbishing info or websites would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx.
CowboyPhD

Postby psness » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:39 am

Does the cut in your mast have a hinge? If so, consider yourself blessed. It's intended to help with trailering. You only need to turn the mast down at the hinge rather than pull it out (like I do) which is a real pain.

If your cuddy opening is a small hatch like about 3 feet wide and 2 feet high then it's a DS2. If the opening into the cuddy goes from one side of the boat to the other, then it's a DS1.

I have a DS 2 and it can be seen in the personal photos section. I think there is a photo there that shows the cuddy opening with a hatch cover over it.
Paul Ness
1979 DS II
Lake Marburg, PA
psness

Postby Dkorman » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:42 am

Based upon the hull number and the calss number you have a DS1
Dkorman

Return to Miscellaneous