sailing instruction in San Diego

Moderator: GreenLake

sailing instruction in San Diego

Postby calden » Thu May 04, 2006 11:42 am

Hey all:

Family's going to San Diego for about a week when school's out - middle of June. I'm looking at a couple of ASA sailing courses and wanted to solicit opinions from any Daysailers in that area who might know something about these places. I'm specificallly looking at the ASA 101 Basic Keelboat course.

First is the Seaforth Sailing Club. Their website looks a bit unpolished, course is cheaper. Next is the Harbor Sailboats place. Much more expensive, nicer website, lots of positive testimonials.

If both are ASA course instructors, the material is going be the same, right? More-or-less the same?

I'm not looking to be certified specifically, but I'm just trying to get more good sailing experience to handle my DS I which is rather new to me. I would therefore certainly be willing to look at other courses in the SD area. I just figured that arranging an ASA course would be the most efficient way to get a quality course set up before I go to a place I've never been.

Any comments on these places - or suggestions on other course ideas - would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Carlos Alden
DS I #1653
calden

Return to Miscellaneous