swiming boat

Moderator: GreenLake

swiming boat

Postby adam aunins » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:40 pm

have you ever looked out your window to see the tounge of your boat trailer sticking way up in the air. Then gone out side to see your kids with a garden hose sitting in the boat ploudly telling you that they made a swiming boat! I now know it's not enough to pull the drain plugs they must be removed to the house for the safty of the boat and my kids, that is if they get the nerve to try it again.
adam aunins

cockpit swimming pool

Postby Roger » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:38 am

A buddy of mine regularly plugs his cockpit drain and fills it up with water at anchor for the grandkids to swim in.

This is a good thing. You can now say that your boat has an onboard swimming pool. Further, how many boats this size have an openair bathtub on board? :)
Roger

If it will hold water it won't leak !

Postby algonquin » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:20 am

Had to laugh when I read this thread. Used to do this with a tarp in the back of my pickup. A GMC with an onboard pool.

Sounds like a great way to test your DS for leaks. Just have to watch the weight on the trailer though ! :roll:
"Feather" DS1 #818
algonquin

Postby adam aunins » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:05 am

As far as my kid go, dollar for dollar this boat has been a far better deal than the play set we built for them in the back yard.
adam aunins

Return to Miscellaneous