Trailer for 17' DaySailer

Moderator: GreenLake

Trailer for 17' DaySailer

Postby Paul Wenger » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:08 pm

I have a 17' O'Day DaySailer and need to get a new trailer. I have no idea what to look or ask for. I need it to work with reative ease and need to add a power winch. My wife and I are in our 60s and this cranking manually is a real drag. We live on Long Island and day sail in Oyster Bay. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Paul Wenger

Postby jpclowes » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:01 am

Paul
I used to live in Huntington. My trailer came from a place in Mattituck. I don't have the name in front of me, but will try to remember to write down the name of the place, and the number from the side of the trailer. When I get to the lake this weekend.

My dad ordered a trailer for his Laser from Coney's Marine in Huntington, you might try them.

I think any trailer that will hold over 600lbs, and a boat that is 17' long will probably work ok. You may have to do some modification yourself to make it work better (support for the centerboard for example.)
J .P. Clowes
Eastern Great Lakes Regional V.P.
DSI 14083
jpclowes

boat trailer

Postby adam aunins » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:46 pm

This trailer might be to small but it will be fun for you to look at anyway. This is the thread for it on the sunfish forum http://www.sunfishforum.com/showthread.php?t=3170
adam aunins

Return to Miscellaneous