Seats for the older sailor

Moderator: GreenLake

Postby Daniel Westfall » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:06 pm

Just wanted to know if anyone knows of seats that can be used on the DSll for back support. After being on the boat for four hours, trying to walk upright takes some time to get the back straightened out. I do not want anything permanent. Something that can be pulled across when you change sides. Thanks.
Daniel Westfall

Postby Sean McGuire » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:33 pm

Hey Daniel,

I use camping/stadium chairs I found at REI to help prevent "fanny fatigue". They have padded backs and seats and 2 straps to connect the two to make a triangle. They fold flat for storage and float too (ask me how I know). If you go camping the also work as a sleeping pad or camp chair. A company called Crazy Creek makes them but the are other bands too. I have seen them for close to 40 bucks each, but I got mine - no name brand - for under $20 each.

Sean McGuire
1984 DSII "Iona"
Sean McGuire

Postby Daniel Westfall » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:43 pm

Sean,
Thanks for the info on the seats. I looked on line and found the Crazy Seat and others like it. I then went to Dicks Sporting goods and they had the identical seat (almost) and they were called Stadium Seats. They have a tube frame for both seat and back. Also they fold flat and store well. They will FLOAT just in case I have to find out someday. I am looking forward to trying it out in three weeks. If it does the job I will get a second one for my first mate. By the way the price was $24 which is what you said they would be. Let you know later how they feel after five hours on the water.
Dan
Daniel Westfall

Return to Miscellaneous