Bye

Moderator: GreenLake

Bye

Postby calden » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:31 am

Hey all:

Sold my DSI yesterday after three years of ownership. Seems like a lot longer with this great boat! I learned a ton about sailing and rigging and buying more stuff to put on the boat :D ! I went out with the new owner yesterday, fought against the mighty Columbia River current, and had a great time.

I've been seduced by the Dark Side of a larger boat, and I'm off today to my San Juan 21 in a slip in North Idaho. I had this ..... PLAN..... to have the DS for quick Saturday jaunts to one of the million little lakes around here, but life just keeps getting in the way of 24/7 sailing. Imagine that. I just could not justify having a second boat that wasn't being sailed.

Also, I have met a lot of great people on this forum. I visit several other sailing related sites on a daily basis and have found this one to be the most organized and thorough by far. What a bunch of great folks. Thanks a lot.

If anyone cares...
Several folks have indicated that they're found some of the pictures in my personal gallery helpful for DS stuff, so I'll leave the pictures in my personal gallery for a few more weeks, then delete them. (I don't want to take up webspace anymore than I need to.)

[thumb=265]
Carlos
DS I #1653
calden

Thanks

Postby kellyima » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:52 am

Thanks for all your posts, very insightful and enjoyed reading them. We'll miss you on the DS forum. Enjoy your new boat.
kellyima

Postby albanysailer » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:50 am

Carlos-

You will be missed! And if you ever want to downsize, you know where to come looking for a DS.

-Bill
albanysailer

Postby adam aunins » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:58 pm

You don't have to leave just because you sold your boat.

I think we'll get a pool going to see how long it takes before you buy another DS.

That and leave your pic's and stuff up, it does not cost anything and like I said you never know when you'll be back!
adam aunins

Postby algonquin » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:01 am

I can only wish you the best and say you will be missed and can come back anytime. :cry:

So you will be overnighting inside a comfortable, warm, and dry cabin !

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. :lol: Brad
"Feather" DS1 #818
algonquin

Return to Miscellaneous