Buying a DSII thats not registered???

Moderator: GreenLake

Postby Moose » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:44 pm

I did the same as Jdubes, bill of sale stating there are no means for a motor on the boat(I.e., a motor bracket) so it never had to be/was registered, Hull number tracing, paid the sales tax(boats value was assessed at 400, so the tax was something like 25 bucks(bring money orders)).

Everything went well for me, got the registration the same day and the title in the mail a week or so later.

EDIT: bill of sale/gift should be notarized
Moose

Postby s1120 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:31 am

ctenidae wrote:I'm surprised you're having any real difficulty- mostly, they just want the registration fee. You should be able to fill out an affidavit of ownership (Yes, I own this boat. Signed, Me. Notarized), or get a letter from the person you bought it from (I owned this boat. I sold it to him for $XX. Signed, Seller.), and go in with the paperwork.

Since it was previously untitled (retroactively punishable by $100 now, it appears, you'll need to fill out the titling/registration application (http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dle/registra ... ngform.pdf). Does seem like paying the sales tax is the #1 priority thing to do first, though.

OK all, a LONGoverdue update on this one!!!

Well after all these years, I got it done!!!!! As for how... well pretty much as was posted in this post.. the big deal was having someone that would listen, and think. Most of the people working at the offices, just take the knee jerk reaction of... "Nope..cant do it withought bla bla bla..." Once we found someone that would think.... and work with us, it went through OK. Wasnt cheap... a few hundred... but its done now. :) So been a crazy few years, and the old girls been just sitting on a trailer...so time to get its bottom wet!!!
Paul B
s1120

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous