Happy Thanksgiving

Moderator: GreenLake

Happy Thanksgiving

Postby kokko » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:16 am

...to all my fellow sailors. We have much to be thankful for today, including our sailing season, the compnay of our fellow sailors, this forum, and our beloved Daysailers.
DS1 Truelove
kokko

Postby Peterw11 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:14 pm

+1

It's the little things that count.

I know I'd be a great deal less competent a sailor, and boat owner (and probably less enthusiastic) if it weren't for the knowledge and experience I can tap into on this site.

It is a terrific resource, especially for us "born again" skippers.
Peterw11

happy thanksgiving

Postby dannyb9 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:53 pm

i'm thankful for my beautiful family and circle of friends, my many blessings, my daysailer, (and other beautiful boats) and my morning sail today with my sweetheart here in the lowcountry! aargh, sail on! : ) love this site, yall are a gift
dannyb9

Postby Alan » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:15 pm

I'll echo the sentiments.

My crew, to whom I'm happily married, found me a sailboat, hand-walked the paperwork through a maze (tax-exempt foundation, DMV, insurance company) and then let me spend a ton of money on repair and upgrade materials.

I probably would have been happy enough with anything that had a mast longer than its hull. It was pure luck that it turned out to be a Daysailer: forgiving, agile, cruise or race capable, and backed by readily available parts and a forum of expert owners generous with their time and knowledge.
Alan

Return to Miscellaneous