Can anyone identify this motor mounting?

Moderator: GreenLake

Can anyone identify this motor mounting?

Postby hectoretc » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:06 pm

Greetings all, I just (hopefully) figured out how to post pictures here, so armed with my handy iPhone camera, stand by for a flood of new image supported questions from the newbie...

[thumb=1044]

I seem to have this thing bolted to the back of my DSII, and I'm guessing it's 1/2 of a quick disconnect motor mount (seems like a good idea). I'd like to try to find the other 1/2 but can't find a brand or name on it anywhere. Does anyone recognize this piece?

Thanks,
DS #6127 - Breakin' Wind - From the land of 10,000 lakes, which spend 80% of the year frozen it seems...
hectoretc

Postby TIM WEBB » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:40 pm

No worries - a picture tells 1000 words!

My boat, '79 DS2 The Red Witch, has that same mount, but not the other part. Stamped on it is Bremer, Milwaukee, 53209. That's it. Searched on that and got nowhere. One of the first posts I made on this forum when she got me in '05 was a pic of it asking "What is this thing?" Got one reply saying they had the same thing, but not the other part either. Then in '08 user MarcCram PM'ed me with some pix of the other part which he had. He was hanging a British Seagull off it with no probs. I was looking for a Seagull at the time, but kinda gave up that search and have been nursing my old troller along, which is still serving me well. You can see pix of the other part in MarcCram's gallery, tho it seems he's been inactive here on the forums for quite some time ...
TIM WEBB

Antique Motor Mount

Postby hectoretc » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:54 am

Thanks Tim,
Greatly appreciated info... and thanks for the photo reference. Not at all what I had pictured in my mind's eye, but I can see what they were doing.
I had pretty much decided I was going to manufacture my own "part B" rathter than try to take part A off the boat, but now given the name you provided, I'll do a little net surfing to see if I can find a part B. It would probably cost a fortune because it will likely be rare, and so eventually I'll get back to making one, but now with the photo and name I have a direction to go.

Thanks again!
DS #6127 - Breakin' Wind - From the land of 10,000 lakes, which spend 80% of the year frozen it seems...
hectoretc

Postby TIM WEBB » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:09 am

No prob!

I had also considered trying to make (or have the machine shop next door make) "part B", both before and after I saw what it looked like, and had even begun to make an AutoCAD drawing of it, but then kinda lost interest when I decided to stay with the "electric wind". I thought it wouldn't be too difficult to make, and the machine shop guy agreed: basically a plate for the motor clamps, and some provision for the two carriage bolts at the top and the "tab-in-slot" arrangement at the bottom ...
TIM WEBB

Postby algonquin » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:17 am

I can identify it ! :wink:

Its mine. Please send it to my address :lol: Brad
"Feather" DS1 #818
algonquin

Return to Miscellaneous