Launch day

Moderator: GreenLake

Launch day

Postby talbot » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:52 pm

Only occasional thunderstorms and hail. Don't know why I'm all alone out there. I mean, if you wait for the weekend, the season will be practically over.
talbot

Postby brucybaby » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:32 pm

Now THAT is a beautiful pic Mr. T! I know what you mean, I dropped my boat in around three weeks ago. It was 85 degrees and not a soul around! Just because it happened to be Wednesday afternoon. MY GOD PEOPLE STOP AND SMELL THE FLOWERS ALONG THE WAY! Well, I did feel a little guilty right up until the wind filled my sail, then I knew the big guy wanted me to be there and all was joyous :D

Last edited by brucybaby on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce
'71 Oday DS2-Dashaway: Hull# 25873 Class# 4842
Ray Twp., MI
Pics: http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... =slideshow
Vids: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL60647F9C03EAE28A
brucybaby

Postby TIM WEBB » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:14 pm

Season? What season? 8)

(But I have to admit: no usual Friday-after-work sail for me today, as it was blowing 20-30 kts until well past sunset ... :cry: )

Glad I got out there earlier in the week, and glad you're back in the H2O Mr. T! :D
TIM WEBB

Postby talbot » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:44 am

Right. Florida. Sunshine, oranges. And they don't drain the ocean for flood control in October like they do our reservoir.
talbot

Postby TIM WEBB » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Yeah, it's Florida, but it ain't sunshine all the time, 'specially during hurricane season. So I guess we have a season after all ...

Don't sail in the ocean (with the DS), but we do get a lot of water depth variation in the local freshwater lakes. They're all connected one way or another with the St. Johns river, and when the river's up, they're up, and vice versa. The thing is, there's always this long lag between any major rain event (read: hurricane), and when the water actually rises: it can take weeks for the effect to trickle down to the lakes ...

As for oranges, well, that's fast becoming an extinct industry in FL, at least around here. All the orange groves are now subdivisions ...
TIM WEBB

Return to Miscellaneous