Day Sailer Handbook

Moderator: GreenLake

Day Sailer Handbook

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 13, 2001 11:35 pm

I read on the independants www page there was mention of a hand book for the Day Sailer. I'd be interested in obtaining one to hopefuly figure out what some of the installed harwear might have been for. The previous owner purchased it without asking about it and ignored it. I'm curious.

Also how can I find out the exact age of my DS 2, hull # 3237 class 6211 O'Day Co., Falls River, and maybe how it was rigged from the start?

RSVP,MAKurtis,Western NY, O'-whata-Day #3237

MAKurtis (Emak41-at-excite.com)

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 17, 2001 1:04 pm

Are you looking for the "owners manual"? Or the Day Sailer Association Class Handbook? The DSA Class Handbook is mostly available on their website, www.daysailer.org
The DSA provides acopy of this to all members, but since they have not updated since before I joined, I have not received my copy yet.
If what you want is the Owners Manual, then I have one and am willing to make a photocopy of it for you. The rigging of the mainsheet and jibsheets changed in about 1975 and this is what is shown in the manual. Your boat was built before 1973, I base this on the fact that you list a Hull# and a Class#, O'Day used that method to I.D. their boats before the Hull Identification Number system was required by the USCG starting in Nov. 1972 (1973 model year). Anyway, if the manual is what you want, send me your mailing address and I will send you one along with a sketch of the earlier mainsheet and jibsheet rigging setup. In the meantime, take a look at the photos of various Day Sailers posted on this Day Sailer Home Page.

Rod Johnson (rjohnson24-at-juno.com)

Return to Miscellaneous