Quotes about the DaySailer

Moderator: GreenLake

Quotes about the DaySailer

Postby GreenLake » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:16 am

How about collecting some quotes. I'll start with this one:
... you simply cannot go wrong with the O'Day Daysailer. One of the most forgiving, fun, and grin-making rides ever designed. The quintessential wee sailboat.

Found here.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Re: Quotes about the DaySailer

Postby TIM WEBB » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:48 pm

Was just looking on IMDB for something from Mr. Hobbs Takes A Vacation, possibly the only movie to ever feature a DS in a "major role", but came up with bupkus. Might have to watch it again just to find something. I'm pretty sure at some point Jimmy Stewart's character says something to his son like "Don't worry, this is a very seaworthy boat". ;-P
Tim Webb
1979 DS2 10099 The Red Witch
(I used to be Her "staff", in the way dogs have owners and cats have staff, but alas no longer ... <pout>)
TIM WEBB

Postby GreenLake » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:06 am

That movie does have the DS, but a far better sailing movie would be "Riddle of the Sands"... even though it features a small (wooden) keelboat. :)
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby GreenLake » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:02 pm

Another one.

Interesting observation about pricing of a DS over time: here.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby talbot » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:21 pm

Not sure if commercial messages count, but here is the text from Intensity Sails:

"There is no better value in a great all around sailboat than the DS. Good boats can be found on trailers for under $2000.00 So a family of four can sail a boat together for less than the price of an Optimist dinghy! What is even better is how well the boat sails. The Daysailer is dry and seaworthy too. It is hard to find a 17' Sailboat with a centerboard that an adult can stand on the gunwale and not go for a swim!!"
talbot

Return to Miscellaneous