A huge Thank You

Moderator: GreenLake

A huge Thank You

Postby Skippa » Mon May 28, 2018 9:23 am

10 years ago I found and purchased my second boat manufactured by the O-Day company, My first boat was an O-Day Mariner, I learned to sail on it and loved it. Three more boats later I found a 17 footer that had spent the last 10 years sitting in a garage that was for sale. All I knew was that it was covered with a layer of dirt and it was an O-Day. Three days later I trailed it home and started the clean up.
Finding this site, DaySailer.org was the best thing that could have happened. Over the next ten years I made many improvements to my DSII, All the basic stuff discussed in this forum.
I sold her yesterday to a new owner who I believe will find the same passion for this boat that I have had. I have a new to me project boat, same length but twice the size. (1600 pounds) While I look forward to the new adventure this boat will provide I could not help but notice the difference in easy to find and search information about the boat.
I can honestly say that this is the first of the seven sail boats I have now owned that I am selling it in better condition then it was in when I purchased it. I have become a better owner and a better sailor in large part due to this group of folks.
I will continue to follow this forum and if there is a boat # 8 in my future it will either be a 30 something keel boat or another DS.
That old saying about the two best days a boat owner experiences, The day he buys it and the day he sells it....I got cheated out of the second one.
Thank you to all who contribute to and maintain this excellent resource.
Kevin
Skippa

Re: A huge Thank You

Postby GreenLake » Wed May 30, 2018 10:43 pm

Let me reply for everyone here with an equally huge "you are welcome"! We thank you for contributing back to the forum, I see over 1oo posts with your name. Keep up the good work and feel free to share as much of your experience here as you can manage.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Return to Miscellaneous