Connecticut Mast and Rigging Repair

Moderator: GreenLake

Connecticut Mast and Rigging Repair

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:05 am

I'm looking for reccomendations for a boatyard in Connecticut that can help me rig a Daysailer I. I have a used mast that will require shrouds and halyards. I have noticed The Dwyer Mast Company mentioned in previous post. Any other suggestions.

Thanks

Kit Carson (Kit-at-easternbag.com)

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:09 am

I would look in the Yellow pages for "riggers" or "marine rigging". Try also checking bulletin boards at local chandleries, marinas, or sail lofts, or yacht clubs and see if any riggers have left business cards there.

You ought to be able to find a lot of them in New England.

Bob Hunkins (rhunkins-at-pdq.net)

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 12, 2002 2:55 pm

If you have all the parts (or hope you do), my advice is to contact someone from a local Day Sailer Fleet. There is an organized DS Fleet in Cheshire, CT. and we have many independant members in the central Massachusetts area, plus several Fleets in that area. Check out the DSA web-site for more info, you may even wish to join the Association. I am a member, although I have no intention (at the moment! ) of entering any organized racing.

Rod Johnson, "SUNBIRD" (rjohnson24-at-juno.com)

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 12, 2002 3:04 pm

Thanks. I purchased the "Second Wind" from Grant and Marta Day from the Cheshire Fleet. The problem I'm having is the boat sat for a few years and the shrouds appeared too short to step the mast. Trying a few tricks suggested by Grant I sailed once and then snapped the mast stepping the second time. He had two mast which he sold me so I have a replacement but I'm looking for some professional help to set the rigging right from the get go as the shrouds are still too short.

I'll contact the fleet once I'm ready to sail again.

Thanks for your advice and strong winds following seas.

Kit Carson (Kit-at-easternbag.com)

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:46 pm

Kit,
I belong to the Bantam Lake Yahct club in Litchfield Co. We have both DS I and II's. You're welcome to see one of our boats if you'd like. let me know, you may even want to join if you prefer fresh water sailing as I do.

Mike

mike (mb36360711-at-aol.com)

Return to Miscellaneous