USED BOAT

Moderator: GreenLake

USED BOAT

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:39 am

"HELP" HAVE BEEN GIVEN A DAYSAILER...THE PRIOR OWNER ONLY REMEMBERS THE MODEL NAME...PIN TAIL...LIKE THE DUCK...CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THE MANUFACTURE CO. FOR PARTS AND RIGGING INSTRUCTIONS...FIBERGLASS HULL RETRACTABLE CENTERBOARD 20 FOOT MAST...MAIN AND GIB...THANKS ROGER XRAFX@LIVENET.NET

ROGER (XRAFX-at-LIVENET.NET)

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:02 pm

It sounds like the boat you've been given isn't an O'Day Daysailer, which is the boat to which this site is dedicated.

The O'Day Daysailer is 16' 9", mast height of approx 25', and has a more squared off transom. Good Luck.

Tom (tbeames65-at-cs.com)

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:29 pm

Hi Roger..I had a Pintail back in 1968..the boat was built by MFG company...I sold it the following year for a Flying Scot which I sold in 1979...
Now I am a proud owner of a DS II Which I bought this spring..

The pintail is a excellant boat to sail..I learned to sail on her by myself..My pintail # was 1513 and as far as I Know it is still in service..

Roger from Maine (blais-at-megalink.net)

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:41 pm

PINTAIL: designed by: F.S. Ford Jr., 1964, built by: Molded Fiberglass Boat Co.(MFG), Class Association: Pintail Assoc., Fiberglass hull and deck, LOA: 14' 0", Beam: 6' 0", Draft: 6" cb up, Displacement: 400#. The book on sailboats that I'm looking at describes the Pintail as a centerboard boat, Aluminum spars, Foam flotation, self-bailers. Sail area: 122 sqft (main: 90, jib: 32), spinnaker: 100 sqft.

Rod Johnson, "SUNBIRD" (rjohnson24-at-juno.com)

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:56 pm

just found your site. have been giving a MFG boat .it's in pretty good shape. the serial # is 509. that's all i can make out. about 12' long ,original color was red & white.any information is greatly apprecated

david moody (dhjrmoody-at-yahoo.com)

Return to Miscellaneous