DS II book

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Postby pjk170 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:51 am

Hi Roger,

I would like to purchase a copy as well. I sent you an email to roger02@mts.net but figured I'd post a request here as well since it appears that some have had problems getting emails through. Please send me ordering/payment info to pjk170@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

Paul
pjk170

ds book

Postby owldraco » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:06 pm

I've also tried to email roger. And I am still interested in purchasing the book and possibly the cd as well. Please email me at atc2099@yahoo.com
Thanks
Andrew
Central KY
'84? DS 2
owldraco

DS II book and CD

Postby Roger » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:04 pm

my apologies for not checking this thread regularly. I have contaced each of the people that indicated they wanted a book or cd. Just for clarification my e-mail is roger zero two at mts dot net. Some people may have got a bounce or had their e-mails sent to cyber space if they accidently put the letter O instead of a zero. My alternate e-mail which of a few months ago is now aligned with the the internet standard of roger dot conrad at mts dot net. You can try that as well, although both e-mails will get your message to me.
Roger

Postby pjk170 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:21 pm

Roger I replied to your email but haven't heard but so I figured I post here as well:

Would it be possible to send you payment through paypal? This might be easier to avoid the foreign bank administration fee that you mentioned.

Thanks....Paul
pjk170

yes to paypal

Postby Roger » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:40 am

Yes it is possible to send payment through paypal, but until you are able to connect with me by e-mail, I would not advise it as my e-mail address is also my paypal address. I'm not sure why you are not getting through to me using the roger zero two address. Try my work address of roger dott conrad att gov dott mb dott ca and see if I can get your message there. I will then send you the ordering instructions. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. I am getting other e-mails regarding the book and even checking my junk mail. If all else fails, you can also send me a check. This is a bit slower but I would rather have your $ come to me than cyberspace.

I'll send you my address by private e-mail if you wish to go that route.
Roger

bump...Just got new order of DS II books in from the printer

Postby Roger » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:24 pm

Just got a new order of books in from the printer

Delivery takes 8 days, so still lots of time to stuff your stocking. I take paypal as well.
Roger

DS II books still available June 2009 at $1 more :(

Postby Roger » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:14 pm

Over the past two years both production and shipping costs have continued to increase and although I have absorbed those costs, I now reluctantly have to increase shipping costs by $1. Therefore the CD alone or book alone will cost a total of $27 and both sold together will total $37 to Canada and the USA. I will continue to provide individual shipping quotes prior to sale to all other destinations.

To offset this increase, I am offering two incentives. The first is only for June 2009 so that current orders/inquiries are honored. I will honor the old price until June 30, 2009 if you mention this months discount.

A secondly incentive for your continued business is an addition to the CD. I have added a chapter on fiberglass repair. This will continue to be available on the CD only. This is a chapter in a new book I am authoring and would appreciate feedback on its usefulness.

E-mail order inquiries and feedback to roger.conrad@mts.net

I do appreciate your ongoing interest in this boat and this book over the past four years.
Last edited by Roger on Thu May 27, 2010 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger

Great Book

Postby Kenny G » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:31 pm

The book has been very helpful, but stopped short in helping me to figure out the inability to drain the bildge through the drain at the transom. Any thoughts on my earlier posting today.
Day Tripper, FL
Kenny G

Book

Postby rwreutti » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:29 am

Roger can you reach out to me via email? or provide directions on how to buy your book for a 1983 DS2. I have emailed you a few times over the last month and a half with no response. Sure hope you are still offering these.

Thanks
Red
rwreutti

Red's Email Address

Postby rwreutti » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:38 am

Roger, Sorry I forgot to include my email address in the last post. Please email me at rwreutti@yahoo.com regarding availability and how to pay for the Book and CD for my 1983 DS2.
Thanks
Red
rwreutti

Re: DS II books still available June 2009 at $1 more :(

Postby GreenLake » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Roger wrote:Over the past two years both production and shipping costs have continued to increase...

For publications such as this book, going with some of the new "print on demand" vendors would eliminate a lot of headaches.

I've helped someone publish a text book using one of these services, and found the process not much more demanding than setting up for a print run.

What you do is to create a PDF with particular settings (all explained on their site) and they take care of everything. They even handle the orders, so there's no need to run your own shipping.

Some vendors have a human in the process, which is great for quality assurance, but costs a setup fee. Others are fully automatic (no fee).

I've used one of the latter (blurb.com) and we're very happy with the results. (I haven't used their "easy" book creation software, because PDF gives me more control).
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

tell me more

Postby Roger » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:53 pm

I have not heard of the print on demand vendors, please tell me more. I will check out blurb.com as it is the only one your id.

roger.conrad@mts.net

Roger
Roger

Postby GreenLake » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Lightning ? is the name of another I think I can remember, then there's LuLu. They all differ a bit in how they would like your file prepared and in whether you need to pay a fee upfront or how much. I found Blurb fine for a book with specialized audience that could be effectively marketed "direct", that is, without needing to going through Amazon to reach a wider audience.

Their system is strictly "per copy" pricing. That makes it "free" to update the book, but if you do, the link changes. So, the way to go is to have the latest link on a site that you control, and to only publish your own link.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Re: DS II book

Postby fatire » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:24 am

Is this book still available?
I tried to contact Roger last year without success.
fatire

Re: DS II book

Postby Thomasjbrothersjr » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:57 pm

I bought my book around Christmas time, without a hitch, so it seems they were available just a few months ago. I am now contemplating buying the PDF version so I can have the color, better quality pictures. All in all it is a must have.
"It's not the towering sail, but the unseen wind that moves the ship"

1983 O'Day Daysailer II "KALEIGH B"
Thomasjbrothersjr

PreviousNext

Return to Day Sailer II Only