Some Quarterly Articles

Moderator: GreenLake

Re: Some Quarterly Articles

Postby Alan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:05 am

Thanks, GL.There's a lot of interesting reading there, not to mention the delightful phrase "legalese administrivia" at the end of the rudder article.
Alan

Postby jkfinity » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:59 am

Much thanks! As a 'new' owner, I'm scrounging for any / all historical info to add to my knowledge
John / Burlington Vermont / Lake Champlain
1973 DS II # 6216 "Suluhu"
jkfinity

Postby Alan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:33 pm

By the way, if you try to open "DS2 Centerboard Control for Racing", it will say "problem opening page" or some such. That's because there's a typo in the word "forum" in the URL (it says "froum"). If you go up to the address bar and fix the typo, the link will open.
Alan

Postby GreenLake » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:30 pm

Alan wrote:By the way, if you try to open "DS2 Centerboard Control for Racing", it will say "problem opening page" or some such. That's because there's a typo in the word "forum" in the URL (it says "froum"). If you go up to the address bar and fix the typo, the link will open.

Indeed there is! (or was, fixed now...)
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby Leob1 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:31 pm

These are great! Answers to questions I didn't know I needed to ask!

I read the DS2 Centerboard leak article, because my CB trunks leaks, And its difficult to get the CB up and down, so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone. Take the CB out, fix the leaks as described, replace the up and down haul, and give every thing a really good cleaning. I got the CB out with no problems. I just happen to have a 1/2 npt tap.
My question is how do you get the tang on the end of the uphaul cable through the 1/2 inch pipe fitting. The tang is almost 3/4 wide.
If anybody has done this and can let me know how you overcame this, I be eternally grateful.

Thanks and fair wind.
Leob1

Postby GreenLake » Mon May 20, 2019 10:33 pm

Did you check the DS2 part of the forum? There are many threads on how people did their CB.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous