O'Day Parts

For issues common to different models of DaySailer.
Except Rigging and Sails.

Moderator: GreenLake

O'Day Parts

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 28, 1997 1:00 am

O'Day boat owners looking for parts might check D & R Marine Supply, Store 508-644-3001, Fax 508-644-3002. P.O. Box 921, 31J Mill Street, Assonet, MA, 02070

Barry Wright (wrightbr-at-aol.com)

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:24 am

I contacted D&R to buy about $800.00 worth of parts only to be told that they had over 300 orders to fill. They took my order with the promise they they would call back with the total. They never called back.

rick (w7toc-at-sbcglobal.net)

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:14 am

Welcome to summer in the northeast! Dont even try having an outboard fixed.

Harris g (hg-at-myhost.com)

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:18 pm

When did you order those parts? I'd keep checking with Rudy....he will get your order to you, it may take a week or so (after he gets to it). One thing to realize, D&R Marine is not WEST Marine, Rudy runs a "one-man shop" with occaisional help from friends and family. He will fill your order, but you may need the patience of Job at times. If you are lucky enough to live within driving distance (I assume that you are not?) visiting Rudy in person on a Saturday is an education, and will speed up getting parts.

One more thing, the original posting on this subject was from 1997, D&R has moved, phone and fax numbers are the same, but D&R is at 14 Water St. in Assonet, MA. Also, check out www.drmarine.com for on-line ordering of most O'Day parts.

Rod Johnson, "SUNBIRD" (rjohnson24-at-juno.com)

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:10 pm

I called D&D marine a week ago. When talking to them their attitude was rude and they made very clear that taking my order was just more work that they did not want. They finally took down a list of the parts I needed with the promise to call right back with a total but never did. That is just bad business, you don't lie to the customer. I talked to another daysailer owner (who is parting out a 69 daysailer) yesterday who complained of the same kind of treatment from D&R. As far as I am concerned actions speak louder than words, and in the case of me doing business with D&R they have showed clearly that they don't want my business. This is not a big deal as I have talked to the people at Cape Cod Ship building who have what I need and want the business.

Rick (w7toc-at-sbcglobal.net)

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:45 pm

Here it is a year later in this thread and I feel that I have to post to it.

I have a 1974 DS II and have been dealing very successfully and satisfactorily with Rudy at D&R Marine. However, I deal through D&R's web site, so I don't have to ask for totals, etc.

I have read that D&R has a reputation for slow response and all that, but I have found the contrary to be case. I will definitely continue to deal with Rudy.

Bob (rowerw-at-comcast.net)

Return to Repair and Improvement