Moderator: GreenLake

Can we block this clown?

Postby kokko » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:16 pm

Can we block this clown?
DS1 Truelove
kokko

Re: Can we block this clown?

Postby GreenLake » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:55 pm

The poster in question is persistent. It's not the first time he's signed up here. There's not a lot we can do proactively. The username and IP address are not found in relevant blacklists...

If he shows up again, just use the little "report" icon, that will flag the post...

In the meantime, for posts that are safely off-topic, I'm using the "word censoring" feature of this site to make sure that certain keywords are replaced by substitutes.

(Can't show you how this works, as I've deleted the post)
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby kokko » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:04 pm

Thanks. I appreciate the value of a moderator. I’m subscribed to a sailing forum on Facebook and objected to an off topic commercial post. I got a load of vulgarity as a reply.
DS1 Truelove
kokko

Postby Alan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:07 pm

+ 1 on the value of a moderator, especially ours. It's easy to take a moderator for granted, but it looks from the outside like a time-consuming job that demands diplomatic talent, internet skills and a very good balderdash detector. Doesn't hurt any if the moderator is an expert in the forum's subject, either.
Alan

Postby GreenLake » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:35 pm

blush...

Do feel free to use the reporting feature on this forum in the rare case that something should be reported. I get on the forum and take care of it.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Test post - please report this post

Postby GreenLake » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:37 pm

I'd love if one of you would report this "test" post (using the little "!" icon). Things look fine from my logon, but it's always good to test.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby GreenLake » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:51 pm

OK, the flag shows up, but only if I'm inside the category (i.e. Miscellaneous) in this case. But still useful. I'll do some more digging about how this reporting tool is supposed to work.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Return to Miscellaneous