O'day 25?

Moderator: GreenLake

O'day 25?

Postby goldtoothgirl » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:43 pm

Hello, Looking around and I wonder if I am on the correct form. Looking for vast knowledge for a O'Day 25. Very organized around here. Thanks!
goldtoothgirl

Re: O'day 25?

Postby GreenLake » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:38 pm

The purpose of this forum is somewhat specific to the O'Day DaySailer. But I would imagine that quite a bit of the information and discussion here could be of some interest to owners of different types of small boats. You know who you are and you are welcome to lurk here.

That said, some members here also own other types of boats, so we generally don't mind if people post an occasional question in this "Miscellaneous" section to try to make contact with someone knowledgeable or get a pointer to some other forum.

However, detailed discussions of other boat types don't really belong here; for many of them there are active owners' or class associations that have their own social media presence.

Is there anyone here who can help out with how to get info on an O'Day 25?
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby Woreign » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:30 pm

On FaceBook, look up "O'day Sailboat Owners". I'm sure someone there could help or point you in the right direction.
Woreign

Postby Alan » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:18 pm

http://www.pageproffitt.com/newboat.htm

The link above has an interesting tale of adventure in the owner's O'Day 25. The link at the bottom of that page will get you to a collection of repair and improvement advice.

The I Heart O'days website has specs and a photo gallery for the O'Day 25, as well as the original O'Day 25 owners manual, which is for sale for $10.
Alan

Postby goldtoothgirl » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:35 pm

Great Info! What is is called when I am looking for how the boat was constructed?
Curious where the plywood in hidden inside the boat. The O'day 25 I looked at today appeared to have fiber glass stingers. It that possible? Any other O'day boats have fiber glass stringers?
goldtoothgirl

Postby tomodda » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:46 am

I believe you are looking for "core". A hull with plywood underneath the fiberglass has a "plywood core." That being said, a lot of boats have a balsa-wood core.

In the meantime, my '58 O'day daysailer has stringers - a long, narrow fore-and-aft laid "bump" on the inside of the hull. One on each side, 1.5 inches high and about 7' long. They are there to strengthen the hull, and sit more or less where the boat sits on the trailer bunks. I'm sure that there is a core in it as well.
tomodda

Return to Miscellaneous