SPAM! Attractive posters or printing for daysailer

For issues common to different models of DaySailer.
Except Rigging and Sails.

Moderator: GreenLake

SPAM! Attractive posters or printing for daysailer

Postby harrulbrennan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:22 pm

I had an DS and I am very curious to have some display material on it.I search for various solutions but not find a suitable scenario to improve my DS. Even I look for wraps or vinyl printing from SPAM Company NYC but they told me that these wraps and vinyl printings are not suitable for DaySailer. Then now what should I do for it?
harrulbrennan

Re: SPAM! Attractive posters or printing for daysailer

Postby GreenLake » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:13 pm

@harrulbrennan has been busily spamming forums and is known to "Stop Forum Scam". I've left the post up for those who are curious to the length people will go to spam.

If you post something with a link to a commercial site on your first visit, we don't care how much you try to sound like DS owner, you'll be flicked.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby tomodda » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:37 pm

Wow, I'm amazed, this looks like it was actually posted by an actual semi-human instead of a 'bot. What if you disallow crawling external links? Set all links to ‘nofollow’. This tells search engine crawlers not to follow the links and therefore, spammers will derive no benefit from spamming your forum. Hopefully they eventually go away (lots of hope here).

Tom
tomodda

Postby GreenLake » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:16 pm

Nifty suggestion, but I don't know how to do that in phpBB. It's an HTML attribute, but the HTML is generated by the forum software and I don't see a configuration parameter for that. May be possible by editing some of the phpBB templates. Will see.

Yes, someone who took pains to fit in - bad syntax a bit of a giveaway, but email alias that matched username and a US-based IP address all make this one a different bird from the Russian bots.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby tomodda » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:56 am

Can you add extensions? Look at phpBB Prime Links. Otherwise, I found some snippets of Javascript (ugh) that will do it, but JS... Ugly.

As for US-based IP's, easy enough to spoof.
tomodda

Return to Repair and Improvement