Centerboard bolt diameter

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Centerboard bolt diameter

Postby jbrew » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:17 pm

My DS2 has a centerboard that is about ready to break and am planning to make a new one. My main question is what is the diameter of the centerboard bolt? I am about a thousand miles away from the boat so can't make a direct measurement of the bolt at this time. Also would appreciate any advice from others who have made or are planning to make centerboards. Am thinking to use a clear cedar or redwood core with a fiberglass sheath. Never expect to race in DS class regattas but would like the performance and strength to be good. Thanks for any input/advice.
jbrew

Re: Centerboard bolt diameter

Postby kokko » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:02 pm

dR marine could tell you
DS1 Truelove
kokko

Re: Centerboard bolt diameter

Postby Alan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:14 am

The diameter depends on the model year of the boat. Early models used a bolt. Later models (like my 1980 DSII) used a pivot pin, which is bigger in diameter than the bolt was.

Kokko's right about D&R Marine. I recommend finding out as best you can from a thousand miles away what model year your boat is, then calling Rudy at D&R.
Alan

Return to Day Sailer II Only