Floorboard Drawings

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Floorboard Drawings

Postby Themanfromuncle » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:52 am

Not so long ago I saw drawings for the floorboards but now I can't find them.
Themanfromuncle

Re: Floorboard Drawings

Postby Cliff » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:27 pm

There is a detailed discussion by Tim Webb (8/10/17) and GL et. al. Titled "floorboards". There are 3 pages of discussion and on pg2 a link to a PDF by Tim Webb(DS1-FloorBoards [PDF])
I don't have them on my boat but they look comfortable to keep your feet dry for cruising. They point out that each DS is unique and mods are expected for each boat.
Cliff
Cliff

Re: Floorboard Drawings

Postby GreenLake » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:19 am

They give your boat that "classy" look.

I'm usually pretty successful in keeping my bilges dry, if I'm not sailing in the rain (or snow). I found the forward part of them (in the cuddy) more useful - any water collects there first.

If I were to construct a new set, even with drawings, I'd make a template out of cardboard, elevated roughly to the expected height, just to confirm that the outline fits around the CB, between the seats and in the cuddy. For the cross members, mine have little "feet" (that is, while the cross pieces are a bit wedge shaped their bottoms are not flat, leaving defined areas to make contact with the hull). These raised areas are then individually sanded to fit, to allow the floorboards to be supported everywhere evenly.

The floorboars end up being almost level (I think there's a slight residual angle, but it's much shallower than that for the hull).
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Return to Day Sailer I Only