Rob Bonney

Moderator: GreenLake

Rob Bonney

Postby Bob Hunkins » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:17 pm

Dear Day Sailers:
I regret to inform that Rob Bonney of Fleet 1 in Annapolis has passed away.

Rob was Day Sailer Association President in 1994-1995, and most recently was Class Measurer. He was a great asset to the Day Sailer Association and a good friend to many of us. He will be sorely missed.

-Bob Hunkins
DSA President
Bob Hunkins
Site Admin

Postby boone » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:10 pm

Posted to email by Whaanga Kewene:

Dear Day Sailers in the Northwest Region:

It is with great sadness that I have to announce that on Monday morning
March 14 Rob Bonney passed away after a long hard fought battle with cancer.

Rob was a member of founding Fleet 1 and has contributed for many years, his interest and skill to Day Sailing throughout the country, including his many roles in the Day Sailer Association over the years. His handiwork can be seen in many of the rules and regulations that now guides day sailing as we know it today.

Our hearts of love and support go out to Mary Heimer at this time. We also wish to acknowledge many of Rob and Mary's friends and fellow fleet members who have been by their side with meals and care during their ordeal.

I know Mary would welcome your notes and cards.

Her address is:
Mary Heimer
17720 Pond Road
Ashton, MD 20861

Happy Sailing!!!!

Regards,

Whaanga Kewene
Northwest Regional VP
boone
Site Admin

Postby boone » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:14 pm

From Mary Heimer:

17720 Pond Road
Ashton, MD 20861
301-570-5521

March 19, 2005

Dear Friends,

Rob Bonney passed away of cancer on Monday, March 14, 2005. He is greatly missed. With the support of our families, I plan to have a memorial gathering at Cedar Lane Unitarian Universalist Church in Bethesda, MD on Saturday, April 9, 2005. The memorial service will start at 11 am and will be followed by a light buffet. We welcome you to join us.

At the gathering, we intend to have an album with pictures and stories of Rob. If you have any photographs, stories or comments you would like to share, please send them to us. We will return them after the service.

Love,
Mary Heimer

Directions to the church may be found at http://www.cedarlane.org/directions.html
boone
Site Admin

Return to History