Mast and Boom Parts

For issues common to different models of DaySailer.
Except Rigging and Sails.

Moderator: GreenLake

Mast and Boom Parts

Postby boone » Sun Jan 11, 1998 1:00 am

Does anyone know what the proper part numbers are for the mast and boom dimensions made by the Dwyer Aluminum Mast Co.? They have a bunch of shapes and sizes listed, and I don't have my mast or boom handy to measure them by.

It would be nice if someone could point out the specific parts for the mast, boom, proper lengths, and accessories that they might have.
boone
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 25, 1999 1:00 am

No answer to the specs you asked for - I'm repeating the question. Is there a specific dimension boom extrusion from Dwyer that was/is standard on DS II? I am looking for a used boom with no luck and don't know which extrusion I should order from Dwyer if I get to that point. Another question - what about length of the boom? I've seen references to 9'2" mainsail foot up to 10'2". Sailrite specs show a 10' foot, so is a 10'2" boom extrusion with gooseneck and end fittings too long or just right? Any answers out there? Any used booms/sails or standing rigging for sale out there?

Bruce Goodwin (kewing-at-gwi.net)

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 20, 1999 12:00 am

You want a DM-275 boom. It is on page 22 of the 98 Dwyer catalog [(203)484-0419]. The cross-sectional dimensions are 1.75" X 2.75". The boom extrusion on my '77 DSII is 10' 2".

Philip T (traquair-at-comteck.com)

Return to Repair and Improvement