DS II book

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

DS II book

Postby Roger » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:15 pm

DS II books are still available in PDF download version, (msg updated Dec 2012).

If you do your own maintenance, repair, or restoration work on your O’day Daysailer II then you’ll want this book entitled, Understanding, Maintaining and Repairing your Daysailer II. It covers some of the most common fixes and upgrades to make sailing the DS II more comfortable, convenient and safe within the class rules. Included is the builder chart to determine the year and manufacturer of most daysailers, the Daysailer Association’s specifications and measurements document, and a copy of the original manual.

Understanding, Maintaining and Repairing your Daysailer II is available in PDF format only for $20.00 sent by e-mail attachement. Contact the author at roger.conrad@mts.net for ordering and payment instructions.

The author, Roger Conrad started sailing repairing and restoring sailboats over 30 years ago.
Last edited by Roger on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:50 am, edited 16 times in total.
Roger

second printing

Postby Roger » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:58 am

Due to a fairly consistent demand from the good memebers on this forum, I have gone into a second printing run. The books just came back from the printers this week. They are the same as the first print run, although perhaps the picture quality is a bit better. (Crisper), as the printers ran it from a digital master rather than a paper original.

With the CD, I have included significantly more pictures, and they are categorized by boat system so they are very easy to find for reference.

Otherwise, the product is still the same, (okay the book cover is Robin's egg blue, rather than white,) including price and shipping costs remaining the same. If you are indeed in a rush, I can now offer airmail service in as little as 5 days (according to the post office.)

See the previous post for ordering instructions or e-mail me at roger.conrad@mts.net

Roger Conrad
Last edited by Roger on Thu May 27, 2010 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger

still some books left

Postby Roger » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:12 am

I have seven copies of the upgrade and repair manual left as we go into the Christmas season, as well as some cd's.

As sailors, we all know that we are difficult people to buy for so this is a great opportunity to either suggest to someone that item you would not buy yourself or do what happens in my house... "oh hunny, look what you bought me for my stocking, I saved you to the bother of having to go out and buy it!"

If you order now, you can still get it before Christmas. If there is a really hot demand, next spring I will get more books printed up, but this may be the last opportunity before this book does indeed go out of print.
Roger

Postby dpo628 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:18 pm

Hey Roger..any of those book left? If so I will send a c/k to ya to get one!
dpo628

books and cd's

Postby Roger » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:24 pm

Yes there are a few books and cd's left. I'm just getting ready to print another batch if there is a spring demand. Check this link for details or send me an e-mail at roger.conrad@mts.net and I'll send you the ordering instructions.

http://forum.daysailer.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1346

Roger
Last edited by Roger on Thu May 27, 2010 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger

I now also accept paypal

Postby Roger » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:14 am

Delivery time is down to eight days in the lower 48 and Canada.
Roger

Postby dpo628 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:28 pm

hey roger...just letting you know I got my book. Very nice and very informative! :D :D :D THANKS!
dpo628

Any books and CDs still available?

Postby Sean McGuire » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:31 am

Hi Roger,

I was wondering if you still had books and CDs available for sale. I sent you a couple of e-mails, but never heard back from you.

Thanks,

Sean McGuire
Sean McGuire

I too am interested in the CD

Postby hriehl1 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:52 am

I too am interested in the CD

hriehl1
hriehl1

Book

Postby Adrift » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:19 pm

Roger,

I also sent a couple of emails with no reply. Is the address current? Book available?

K
Adrift

sorry about the lack of replies folks

Postby Roger » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:48 pm

I did not get your e-mails at roger.conrad@mts.net but will reply individually to each of the above queries as well as generally here.

Yes the book is still available as is the CD. I have gone to a 2nd edition, and the 4th printing. Essentially there are no major changes. A few typos were corrected, and some misleading information was removed regarding the standard way of measuring a boat's sail dimensions. The information in the specifications and measuerements document, included in the book is the most accurate. A diagram indicating IJPE measurements was removed. A graphic in the original manual was realigned to match the facing page.

The cost of the book is still the same, but Canada Post informs me that the cost of shipping will go up by the end of this month. You can still order the book, CD, or book and CD together at the current price. I will post the new costs here when they go up at the end of July 2006.
Last edited by Roger on Thu May 27, 2010 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger

Book vs CD

Postby Adrift » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:13 pm

Roger,

I'll be sending an order soon.

I do have two questiona about the CD.

1. Is the material on it the same, supplimentary, or a subset of what is in the book?

2. What format is the data in? PDF, HTML, Word docs?

Thanks,

K
Adrift

info on CD

Postby Roger » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:02 pm

The cd includes the book in MS Word format, but the pictures are in color. You can load the book into your computer and search for specific keywords, and even add your own notes if you wish. In the book the pictures are black and white photos. Although the book and CD are copyright protected against resale, you can print out or make a backup copy for yourself. Also the cd has 179 pictures in 15 categories, (filed by boat system; rigging, cockpit, centerboard etc.), (many more pictures than are in the book. As well they can be enlarged or printed out for diagnostic/or take to the boat for repairs purposes). The CD also includes the original DS II manual in 4 jpeg images (suitable for printing) and a .txt (text) version of the book, for users who do not have MS Word. or are using an older Mac.

The pictures are in j-peg format, and the book is in Word doc format. Total size of the CD is 126 MB.

Believe it our not, I also provide free technical support before and after the sale. This is via e-mail of course, but it is something I really enjoy doing, and as you can see, I am a frequent contributor to this forum.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Roger

new supply of books in

Postby Roger » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:14 pm

I have just received a new supply of books from the printer in time for all those pre-Christmas orders. I also have CD's ready to go.

If your fleet is interested, I can also do bulk orders at reduced costs. E-mail me how many you would like, where you would like them shipped and I will get back to you regarding a discount quotation.
Roger

new order of books and CD for sale

Postby Roger » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:47 pm

Just a reminder that I have lots of books and CD's in stock for maintaing and upgrading your Daysailer. Unbelievable this book is in its 6th printing and still selling strong. Thanks so much to all the daysailer owners who have purchased this book.

Typical shipping times are still within 8 to 10 days, so if you order now, you will likely recieve it before December 25.

Details on the book and ordering instructions are in the first message of this thread, or you can e-mail me at roger.conrad@mts.net
Last edited by Roger on Thu May 27, 2010 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger

Next

Return to Day Sailer II Only